Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Did It!!!!



I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I finally did get out of my funk. In fact, on my worst-funky day, I pounded out my frustration on the treadmill and actually had my best run ever. Finally, after months of working the Couch to 5K Running Program, I actually ran 3.1 miles (5K)!!!!! It felt so awesome as I could feel how far I've come in just the past few months. Six months ago I would get winded walking up a flight of stairs. I couldn't walk 3 minutes without feeling like I was going to pass out, let alone 3 miles.

I wanted to cry with joy.
I even kept my stats up on the treadmill and showed them to my husband.
I felt proud of myself.
I felt hopeful I could see this through all the way to my goal weight and beyond.
I felt empowered.
I felt healthy.
I felt I had made a a change for life.

I realized the true reward of setting a goal can only be realized after working hard and actually achieving it. For so many years I had a goal to lose weight, and I wanted all the good things that came with realizing that goal, but I was unwilling to do the in-between part, the hard work.

I had a dream last night that I gained all the weight back. In my dream I was devastated. I want to hold on to the good feelings I felt after that run. I want to tattoo them onto my mind, body and soul, so I never forget how wonderful I felt in that moment when I reached 3.1 miles. And I want to equally remember the pain of being fat and the devastating feeling that will come if I ever gain it all back.

I'm going to keep those memories alive and if I do, and I keep doing the hard work, I know I will never be this weight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment