Monday, December 12, 2011

Major Victories and Another Milestone



As you may ( or may not know) from previous posts, I started a new job right before Thanksgiving and let's just say, it's been intense. I'm back in the corporate world with a ton of responsibility, goals and quotas to meet, and the on boarding process has been overwhelming at times. I was very worried when I started this job I would slip back into my old habits and God Forbid, gain back even one ounce of the weight I have worked so hard to lose. But, I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm happy to report I'm still losing (drum roll, please)....

60 POUNDS GONE FOREVER!!!!!

I'm so happy I want to cry. I haven't lost a ton of weight since my last weigh-in, but I am losing instead of staying the same or gaining and to me, that is a major victory.

There were some key moments in the last three weeks that I stopped and consciously made the decision to stick to my plan. I truly believe had I let myself slip in those moments I would be writing a much different post right now. For example.....

When my boss, who I wanted to impress offered to buy me a cinnamon roll because she wanted one too and I had the guts to say, "No thank you, I don't eat sugar." Victory!

When I was at my training and orientation and they were serving pasta and in front of all of my new colleagues I skipped the noodles and ate just the sauce and the salad. A couple of people stared, but I didn't care. Victory!

When I was tired from 14 hours of in a training seminar, alone in a hotel room, missing my family desperately and chose to walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes in the hotel gym instead of eating the chocolate bar they gave me in my welcome bag. Victory!

Sometimes for me, it's not just one day at a time, but one moment, one decision at a time. Thank God I've decided this time. Nothing is more important than my health. Thank God I'm learning to love myself enough to make better choices.

Thank God I'll never be this weight again! Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment