Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm Not Perfect, But I've Still Lost 70 Pounds

The past three weeks have been crazy. My new job is, at times, overwhelming and draining. I'm working 10-12 hours every day. I feel my life getting out of balance, but I'm trying to get things back under control. I have been HORRIBLE about tracking and writing things down, but I've been working through lunch most days and if anything, on most days, I'm eating much less than my allowable 1500 calories. My exercise routine has suffered, too. But, I've been running around all day at work, using the stairs instead of the elevator and I've managed to get in 45 minutes to an hour of running each week. I've missed my group for the past two weeks, too. Yet, somehow, despite all of my failings, I'm still managing to lose weight. I dropped 10 pounds in this last phase and today I jumped on the scale, and I'm down another 5 pounds. So, despite my crazy work schedule, I've officially lost 70 pounds as of today. I'm not doing everything perfectly, but I am still sticking to my allowable foods list, controlling my portions, moving more and getting some running in each week. And most of all, when I'm stressed out of my gourd (and believe me there have been many stressful days lately), I'm NOT turning to food to soothe my frayed nerves. This, more than anything, is what is helping me continue in the right direction. I'm consciously choosing to deal with my stress, my emotions and my life by allowing myself to feel and process my feelings instead of stuffing them down with food. I've cried. I've been pissed. I've spoken my mind. I've prayed. I've sang. I've exercised. I've taken a nap. I've done many different things to cope with the stress of my life, but I haven't stuffed my feelings or my stomach. Maybe I'm finally learning how to really feel and really live. Maybe if I give up the notion of being perfect and just strive to do my best to do what I know to do (eat less, move more, and feel my feelings) I'll continue losing... and I'll never be this weight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment