Saturday, August 24, 2013

Asking For Help

Today I did three things to move forward in my journey to lose weight and get healthy. 1) I tracked my food intake via FitnessPal, 2) I skipped the bread and the sugar, and 3) I reached out to my old healthy eating support group and asked if I could come back. They welcomed me with open arms and gave me so much love and support I just wanted to cry. I missed the meeting for this week, but next Saturday we will be meeting and doing our weigh in and I will be turning in my food journal for this week. I'm excited! I know I need the accountability and support of the group and even though I'm embarrassed about putting weight back on, I know it's exactly what I need. I kept telling myself I would go back when I'd lost some weight, but that's like an alcoholic saying they will attend AA meetings when they quit drinking. I am a food addict and I need help. I use and abuse food. It's my drug of choice. I self medicate with food and for a time I feel better but then my problems are compounded because I haven't dealt with the original problems that caused me to overeat and now I have guilt and more pounds to add to my problems. I know this in my head, but it's not enough to know something, you have to do something about it. I have to find a better way to deal with stress. Some people exercise, some people pray, some people find a hobby. I guess so far I haven't found a stress reliever that works for me. Maybe I need to explore different outlets until I find what works. Kind of like your kid trying out different sports until they find the one they like. All I know is I can't keep turning to food. It's killing me. So, here's to my first week back in the plan! 

1 comment:

  1. TRUTH AND AUTHORITY?

    Where should Christians look for God's authoritative truth? Should it be the Bible? Should it be the church of your choice or the church you belong to by chance?

    The Bible was completed in 95 A.D. when the apostle John wrote Revelation. Who wrote the Bible? Was it God or was it the church?


    John 14:24-26 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent me. (THE WORDS JESUS SPOKE WERE FROM GOD THE FATHER) 25 "These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all the I said to you.


    The words of Jesus were from God the Father and He said that The Father would send the apostles the Holy Spirit so they could remember all that He said. The words of the apostles were God's word, their words were Scripture, their words were the Bible.


    In, John 14:24-26, Jesus was not talking to the Pope, John Calvin, Martin Luther, Billy Graham, Joesph Smith Jr, Mary Baker Eddy, cardinals, bishops, elders, so-called modern day apostles, preachers, pastors, nor any one claiming to speak for God. If the church or theses men as individuals, were speaking for God by new revelation, then, we would have added books to the Bible. There would the books of the Popes, the book of John Calvin, the book of Billy Graham, the books of elders, the books of churches, the book of Joesph Smith Jr. etc.


    THE BIBLE IS THE AUTHORITY IN THE CHURCH.
    THE CHURCH HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN THE AUTHORITY TO CHANGE OR OVERRULE THE AUTHORITY OF THE BIBLE. THE CHURCH CANNOT ADD TO OR TAKE AWAY FROM SCRIPTURE!

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG. Google search steve finnell a christian view

    ReplyDelete