Saturday, August 24, 2013

Facing My Fears

I got on the scale. I had to see where I was, how much ground I've lost and how much weight I've gained back. 37 pounds. I gained back 37 of the 70 I lost. At first I was super depressed about this, but then a little voice reminded me that hey, I was still 33 pounds lighter than when I started. I remember how excited I was when I lost 30 pounds, so shouldn't I still feel good about it now? Yes, yes I should. I guess it's the optimist in me. It's in my DNA to see the glass half full. So,  I'm beginning again, but not from a place of utter defeat. I'm starting again from a good starting place, where I can jump start again off the hard work that lost those 30 pounds to begin with. What am I going to do to get myself on the path? What I know works. Journaling my food, Moving my body daily. Cutting out the bread and sugar. Going back to my group. Daily prayer and devotional time. Allowing time for myself. Making my health a priority. Take one day at a time. All of these small steps over time produce results. Time to take a deep breath and begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment