Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Goodbye Size 22! I'm Not Going To Miss You!


 Today I did something I've never done. I threw away my fat clothes. Well, let me re-phrase that. I threw away my really big, fat clothes. I'm still fat, but not as fat as I was. I was wearing a size 22-24 (horror!) and now I'm in a size 18.

I went through my closet today and tried on pretty much everything in it to see what fit and what didn't. My closet is a visual reminder of my battle with food addiction. I have complete wardrobes from sizes 14 to 24. Since my  job is a "professional" one, which requires me to dress up everyday, complete with heels, etc., I have beautiful clothes in each size depending on where I was mentally and emotionally and obviously physically, in my battle with food. So, today I put on clothes I literally haven't been able to wear in years, and I had the most wonderful feelings. It was like Christmas! I tried on one of my most favorite, darling pleated skirts that I haven't been able to wear since I can't remember, and it was like reuniting with an old friend. I can't even tell you how many times I did my happy dance today in my underwear as I changed from one out fit to the next!

Finally, when I had separated out all the too big outfits I put them back in the closet in their "section" all grouped together. I realized I needed more hangers to get everything organized properly. Then a thought came to my mind and heart. I didn't need more hangers, I just needed to get rid of all of the size 22/24 clothes hanging in my closet. Why was I keeping them? The ONLY reason I would be keeping them is in case I would ever need them again. If I am never going back to that weight, if I've made a change for life. why in the world did I need to keep those size 22/24 clothes at all?
I didn't.
So, I took them all out of my closet and put them in a garbage bag.
I threw them away. All of them. Every skirt, blouse, dress, pant and jacket. Gone. Forever.
Good bye size 22/24! I'm not going to miss you!
Thank God I'm not going back. Thank God I will never, ever be a size 22/24!!!
Thank God I will never be this weight again!

P.S. I decided to donate the clothes to charity instead of throwing them out. But they are gone none the less! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment