Friday, November 18, 2011

Phase 3 Weigh In and Other Life Changing News

I had my Phase 3 weigh-in on Monday and (drum roll please).... I lost another 14 pounds, bringing my grand total to 55 POUNDS! Whoo Hoo! I'm super excited at my progress and really pleased because I actually lost one pound more than my Phase 2 weigh-in!. I think my current exercise plan is staving off the dreaded plateau most people experience around this point.

Currently, I've FINALLY moved past week 2 of the Couch to 5K running program and into Week 3. If I stay on track I will finish the program a week before my first scheduled 5K, which will be the Annual Hangover 5K on January 1st, 2012. What a great way to kick off the new year! I only hope I'll be ready. I can see my progress in my running. I can now run 28 minutes straight, so I'm making progress. A few months ago and 55 pounds heavier, I don't think I could have walked that far on the treadmill without feeling like I was going to die. So, for many people that may not seem like much, but for me, it's another milestone and victory.

In my personal life, things are changing rapidly. My husband is starting graduate school to get his Master's in Teaching and his teaching license. It will take about a year to complete. This means I had to move away from being self-employed and get a salaried position that could pay all the bills. Well, I'm very happy and blessed to say I was offered a very good position and it looks like I'll be back to work full time in Corporate America starting next week.

But, I'm afraid. Being self-employed I was able to exercise and control my eating because I was in control of my schedule and surroundings for the most part. Now, I'm going to have a pretty stressful position and a hectic schedule and I really hope I can continue my weight loss journey the way I have been. I'm very determined not to let this new challenge side-track or de-rail me in any way. I think planning will be key and I've already made a list of foods to have on hand at work so I don't get caught starving with nothing good to eat. Also, the company has a gym and I may try to do my exercise during my lunch hour, in order to relieve stress and keep up on my training.

I'm looking forward to the holidays but don't think I'm going to bake much this year. It's just still too tempting to have sweet treats in the house. I'm looking for healthy, alternative recipes to some of my family's favorite treats and I'll post them here when I find them!

55 pounds gone FOREVER. I'm now in a (loose) size 18 from a 22/24. No matter what challenges I'm facing, I know with the Lord's help I can still reach my weight loss goals. I'll never be this weight again!

No comments:

Post a Comment