Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wish List- Part One





As my daughter sits here eating brownies in front of me and while the entire house smells like one giant, ooey, gooey, extra delicious dessert, I thought  now would be a good time to remind myself of just some of the things on my Wish List once I reach my "right weight".

First, I want to be able to wear cute clothes again like I used to. Once upon a time, I had a rockin' body. No one looking at me now would ever imagine it, but I really did. I was always athletic growing up and never had to worry about my weight. Even after the birth of my first child, I whipped myself back into shape by dieting and running. I not only lost the pregnancy weight, but more, and was in the best shape of my life. I was 22 years old. Then, I landed my first real professional job, which required long hours commuting and sitting behind a desk and over the years, the running became less and less and my weight became more and more. Now, 20 years later, I am seriously overweight and running has been relegated to something I'd do if my house was on fire. Sigh. But, one of my goals is to start running again and getting back my once-rockin' body and wear cute clothes again! Brownies have no control over me!!!!


I also want to wear the proverbial "Little Black Dress" again and look smokin' hot in it! Big girls can wear black dresses and I have many in my closet, but I want to wear one that doesn't require me to stuff myself into Spanx and then struggle to breath. I want to stun my husband and make him whisper a silent prayer of thanks that he is married to a smokin' hot babe!











I want to renew my vows on a beach in Hawaii wearing a beautiful wedding dress. My husband promised me when (not if, you'll notice, he has FAITH in ME)  he will take me to Hawaii and we will renew our vows. It's an amazing promise and more than anything, I want to give myself and him this gift.

I have more things on my Wish List, but I think these will keep me focused for now.

I will never be this weight again! Brownies? What brownies?

What's on your Wish List for when you reach your right weight?

3 comments:

  1. Kat I can so relate. The other night my mother was eating a bag of potatoe chips. She is suppose to be doing the diet with me, but something I am trying to learn is that I can not control everything. One thing I can control is me. I chose not to eat even 1 chip and I feel great about it. On the other hand, my mother, felt very guilty afterwards. One craving I have been having (and I don't know why)is for a yummy, soft, cupcake. Keep up the good work and self control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, your post has inspired me. Inspired me to start thinking more about my own "Wish List" and hopefully that will motivate me more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! I'm so happy I was able to inspire you in your journey, even if just a little bit! Way to go on passing up those chips! I know that's hard, but you did great and every time we make a better choice, we take back our control and that is empowering! I would love to learn what is on your wish list! I absolutely recommend you do one. It was very helpful to me and when I was done, I didn't even want those brownies! Keep up the good work and just remember, if we continue to make good choices and choose to love ourselves, we will never be this weight again!

    ReplyDelete