Friday, October 14, 2011

Feeling My Feelings




I'm down in the dumps. I'm finally feeling my feelings instead of stuffing my face.

Let me tell you, it's hard.

I'm sitting here crying over so many hurts I have never allowed myself to feel. All the horrible, painful hurts I thought I had eaten away forever, but I now discover were just stuffed deep down inside.

I never dealt with them. I just tried to ignore them and eat them away.

I feel them now. I'm sad and scared and really, really angry.

I don't want to feel these feelings, but I know I have to if I want to change. I have to feel them if I want to lose this weight. I have to feel these feelings if I want to live.

I want to change. I want to lose the weight. I want to live.

I need to feel these feelings. It's okay to feel sad and scared and angry when sad and scary and painful things have happened to you. This is normal. This is right. This is the truth of life, the truth of my life.

I can survive this. They are feelings, that's all. Feelings can't kill me. Sure I may feel lousy today, but I can get through this. I'm strong enough. I know I am.

I'm not going to eat these feelings away. I'm going to allow myself to feel the full range of emotions that make up my life. I'm strong enough. I know I am.

Thank God for the strength to feel my feelings.

Thank God I'll never be this weight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment