Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You Can't Win the War Only Using Tanks



Okay, so let's get this out of the way first. I had my weigh in last night and it was better than I thought. At my first 6 week weigh-in I had lost a total of 28 pounds. For this six week weigh-in, I lost another 13 pounds, to bring my total weight loss to 41 pounds in 12 weeks. I'll take it! Whoo hoo!

However, it's apparent to me and to anyone who can do first grade math, that my weight loss is slowing down. Eliminating sugar, processed, refined carbs and junk out of my diet and adding, fresh, whole foods, water and portion control has helped me to shed the weight so far. But, I am concerned that I'm hitting a dreaded plateau and shared my fears with ROC (my hubby, and my ROCK in more ways than one), and he gave me the most brilliant advice (as he often does):

"You are in a battle Kat. You can't win the war only using tanks. You have to use every weapon in your arsenal."

The man is a genius! (No really, he is! His IQ is off the charts). Anyway, I have been relying on dietary changes ALONE to kick Fat in it's ugly face. That has been effective and let's be honest, who doesn't like to kick Fat in the face?  But, now I've got to dip into my arsenal and pull out the big guns, so to speak. Are you ready for it?

I actually have to start exercising.

Now to tell some of you I've lost 41 pounds in 12 weeks without stepping foot on a treadmill is really pushing it, I know. (I wouldn't like me much right now, if you've been getting up at the crack of dawn to exercise and haven't lost much, but bear with me here.)  To lose the remaining 59 pounds to reach my goal of losing 100 pounds and get fit and healthy, I know it's time to make exercise a part of my daily life. I have to tell you, I cringed a little bit at that last statement, but I know it's time. I've been lazy for too long in this area. I know the health benefits will be immense. I know I will feel physically and mentally better. I know it's good for my heart. I know it must be part of this journey if I'm ever going to make a lasting change. So, first thing on my agenda is to experiment with different forms of exercise until I find something I tolerate like. I know myself. If I'm bored, I won't stick to it.

The best kind of exercise is the kind you'll actually do.

Well, I'm off to exercise land! I'll keep you posted!

P.S. If I don't make it back from Exercise Land, please inform the authorities and my family.... thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment