Friday, July 15, 2011

Feeling Better!

Today I feel fantastic! I have energy and pep in my step and the sugar withdrawal-induced headache is gone. Thank goodness! I had my first eating out challenge today. I met a friend today for lunch at a fast food joint. I had their chicken salad (330 calories) and lite ranch dressing (110 calories). They print the calories on the back of the receipt, so that made counting easy. Also, I asked for their nutrition brochure listing all their menu items and their respective fat and calorie counts for future reference. I think I felt great all day because I ate a few more calories earlier in the day, which gave me much needed energy for the rest of the day.

So, I passed my first eating out challenge with flying colors. My daughter told me this morning she noticed my face looks a little thinner and it looks like I've lost a little weight. I think maybe I've lost 10 pounds or so, but can't weigh until the end of this phase, which is in about 5 weeks from now.

For exercise today I went out and weeded a large flower bed that had been seriously neglected. I dug up weeds and shoveled dirt for about 45 minutes. Not a gym workout, but I still worked up a little sweat, and that constitutes "activity" in my book! I have to be flexible in this area, and just focus on getting some physical activity each day. It's a baby step, but an important one, none the less.

I will never be this weight again! Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment