Thursday, July 14, 2011

UGH! Sugar Withdrawls SUCK!

Today was the first day I felt really awful. I knew this day would come: the beginning of sugar withdrawals. I guess my body finally noticed I stopped filling it with sugar and refined carbs and it went into full-on detox mode. I had a headache and lethargy and didn't even feel like taking a shower... it was that bad. My husband said I looked better after I emerged from surgery after my hysterectomy. Really? I looked that bad? Wow, sugar really is an evil, evil drug.

I did manage to do 30 minutes of Zumba first thing in the morning and MAN OH MAN I am out of shape! My main complaint about Zumba is that the steps are a little complicated and they go very fast. I thought I would love it, because I love to dance, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I was kinda disappointed and now I'm looking for something else to do. I saw those kettle bells advertised on t.v., so I may give those a try. I think for me, the key is to just do SOMETHING ACTIVE everyday, and have some variety to my program. I get bored easily and that usually means I fall off the wagon, so I'll have to get creative to keep myself motivated to be active. My PRISM group is doing Zumba class tonight, but I'm not really ready to shake my over-sized groove thing in public...yet.

I counted up my calories for yesterday and I'd only eaten about 1,000 by the end of the day, so no wonder I was feeling really bad. Note to self, eating less than 1300 calories makes Kat cranky and lifeless! On another note, surprisingly my biggest temptation isn't cheating, but the urge to weigh myself, which is not allowed on the PRISM program. In fact, I won't step on the scale again until the end of the phase, which is in 6 weeks. I can tell already I've lost some weight and it's killing me not to jump on the scale! But, I understand the reasoning behind not weighing; it's better to work the program and see the reward at the end of 6 weeks than get on the emotional roller coaster by what you see on the scale each day, since weight fluctuates. So far I'm sticking to the program like glue and I hope to be down at least 20 pounds by the end of Phase 1.

Well, I'm off to look for some sort of activity to make me sweat! I will never be this weight again! Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment