Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day #7 - Made It Though My First Week!

I've made it through my first week on PRISM! I'm so proud of myself! I know this is a lifelong journey, but I'm also learning to CELEBRATE EVERY VICTORY. This is the longest I've stayed on a diet in years. Usually I start dieting on a Monday and by Wednesday I've given up. My husband told me today he thinks I've lost weight and I can tell my clothes are fitting a little looser. I'm dying to weigh, but I know that I must wait until the end of this phase (5 weeks) so I'm going to resist that temptation.

Today I ate out at Applebees and was pleased to see they had menu items under 550 calories. I chose a steak and grilled shrimp entree with steamed veggies and asked for more steamed veggies and no potatoes. I found the low carb (no potatoes) calorie count online and my lunch ended up being just 400 calories and it was delicious! It was great to know exactly how many calories I was eating instead of trying to guess. Cheers to Applebees for helping out our inner skinny girl!

Our PRISM group last night was really good. Different people were going through various struggles, but we were able to pray for one another and support each other, not only in our weight loss journey, but in this journey called LIFE. I'm really starting to love this group of ladies and I know the accountability and support is absolutely key for me.

I know I have decided this time. I know there is no going back. I've made up my mind. I'm never going to be this weight again. THANK GOD. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment