Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Joined a Support Group!

Okay, so I figured out I really need the support and accountability of a group. I had great success losing 72 pounds on the PRISM Weight Loss Program twelve years ago and so I emailed the home office of PRISM yesterday looking for a local group to join and they immediately emailed me back with two groups in my area. I called the contact person and she called me back and told me the group was starting a new phase of the program that evening! It was Divine Intervention! I went to the group and LOVED it and realized why I had such great success last time. The support of a group of women traveling together on the same weight loss journey is so helpful. It's so inspiring to hear other success stories and celebrate as each person reaches a milestone of weight loss. So, I'm committing to PRISM once again.

I was weighed and my measurements taken last night at the meeting and according to the program guidelines, I won't be able to weigh again until the end of this first phase, which is in 6 weeks. I also signed an "Agreement of Resolution" which states I will follow the program guidelines exactly and will not cheat or else I will remove myself from the group and program. That's the kind of accountability I need!

I'm excited about finding a new PRISM group and excited I will never be this weight again!

No comments:

Post a Comment